For a lot of women, picking out their wedding gown is the most exciting part of planning a wedding. Little girls dream about the amazing white dress they’ll get to wear one day and when it finally comes time to pick it out, it has to be perfect. Wedding dress shopping is a momentous event for a bride-to-be, bringing along her family and best friends to sip champagne and cry tears of joy as they see her try on the perfect dress. If you aren’t sure what kind of wedding dress you want to wear for your special day, start by looking at current trends and online wedding dresses to see what you like and don’t like. Consider things like shades of white, body shape, train length, ruffles, dazzling jewels or lace, and any other details you want. Here is a list of the 2018 Wedding Dress Trends of the Year to get you started.
Mermaid Evening Gown
The mermaid evening gown is a classic silhouette that accentuates the curves of every woman beautifully. This dress shape works well with any neckline but is often seen on strapless dresses. Choose a mermaid gown with ruffles, lace, sequins or any other stunning features you desire for the perfect wedding dress that looks great on all body shapes.
- Layered Mermaid Wedding Dress:This stunning strapless ruffle layered wedding gown pulls in tight for a perfectly fitted waist then slowly tapers out into a mermaid shaped bottom that looks flawless on any body type.
- Sequined Mermaid Wedding Gown: This sequined mermaid gown from Adriana Papell features a high neck paired with a low back that funnels in at the waist and drops back down into a mermaid silhouette. The sequined gown with a solid satin band at the waist makes a beautiful contrast to the tulle panels at the dress hem for a striking mermaid gown.
Low Back Wedding Dresses
Dramatic low back wedding dresses are trending for a romantic but sexy wedding style. Pair it with a more modest neckline on the front or match the low back with a low cut of plunging neckline. Low back wedding dresses beautifully show off the bride’s back and shoulders as the audience watches her back while she walks down the aisle.
- Convertible Cap Sleeve Lace Low Back Gown: This beautiful convertible wedding gown can be worn with thin straps or lace cap sleeves to contrast with the low-cut back. The dress is made out of corded lace and shaped into an elegant gown with a flattering fit-and-flare style for all body types.
Wedding dresses with plunging necklines bring all of the attention to your front for an elegant and seductive gown. Look pretty and trendy on your special day in a dramatic plunging dress to maximize your appeal in a sexy wedding style. Try this lace and chiffon gown with a plunging neckline for a beautiful bridal look that shows off your front side.
Minimalist Wedding Gowns
Minimalist style can still be perfectly elegant and minimalism is trending beyond wedding style into regular clothes and home decorating. If all of the flashy attention of wedding gowns makes you feel intimidated, try a simple minimalist style that will still leave you feeling gorgeous and confident on your big day.
- Beautifully Simple Gown: This pretty boatneck gown is perfect for the minimalist bride who wants a beautifully simple wedding look. The elegantly streamlined front and chevron seaming for a figure-flattering wedding gown.
Shades of Pink
Pink was the non-white bridal color of choice on the runways for the 2017 wedding season. Pantone-approved colors are always a wedding trend, but the color each year tends to vary. This year it’s pink, which makes for a stunning bridal color. If you’re going for a pink look, try this Strapless Ruched Tulle Wedding Dress in Whisper Pink with a stunning full tulle skirt for an elegant and ultra-feminine bridal look.
Pants as Wedding Clothing
In 2017, women are saying no to a walk down the aisle in a flowing gown and opting for wedding pants instead. Brides who choose this style say stripping away from the tulle and chiffon allows them to give a more honest self-presentation for their big day. The typical vision of a bride is becoming a thing of the past, so forget the traditional bride and embrace the wedding pants if it fits your style best!
- Mark Zunino Jumpsuit: This Bridal Jumpsuit features a strapless top with pants and adds an extra bridal touch with a train that flows out from the waist. Keep an elegant bridal element while still wearing pants with this beautiful and trendy pantsuit.
- Lace Romper: Try this lace romper with a high neckline and long sleeves, featuring pockets, cotton ribbon at the waist, and small bow details on the back. Bows are trending in 2017 too so this romper is perfectly trendy for a laidback bride or beach wedding.
Floral Wedding Gowns
Floral wedding dresses are trending in 2017! Perfect for a spring wedding, some brides are even opting to dress their bridesmaids in ivory dresses while they walk down the aisle in a nontraditional floral gown. This is a beautiful and unique trend the bridal runway hasn’t seen until this year so if you love florals, it’s the perfect time to give it a go.
- Floral Wedding Gown: The perfect v-neck is paired beautifully with a structured waistline that flows out into a larger skirt. Complete with neutral flowers, this is a stunning wedding gown for any bride who loves floral patterns.
Spectacular Trains and Bridal Veils
Trains and veils might seem old fashioned, but these two classic bridal elements have held up on the wedding runway. Updated with drama and glamour perfect for Instagram-worthy photos and Snapchat moments, many trending veils are accented with embroidery, lace, beading, and even crystals. Romantic trains range from short church appropriate length to long royal wedding-esque lengths. Try this elegant lace veil for the perfectly romantic wedding accessory.
If it’s time to start searching for your dream wedding dress, look no further than these wedding dress trends for 2017. From floral to plunging backs and necklines, mermaid fits and accented accessories, you’ll be a beautiful bride-to-be in any of these trending styles. It’s best to do your research beforehand to have some idea of what styles you like the best before you go dress shopping. It will help the store persons pick out dresses that match your taste and before you know it you’ll be trying on the perfect dress. Bring along your friends and family for a special day of wedding dress shopping and take advantage of the perfect opportunity to shop for other wedding clothing like the mother of the bride and bridesmaid dresses. It will be a day you’ll never forget as you pick out the most important dress of your life and check a big to-do off of your wedding planning checklist.